WWW.COUNTERRISK.EU COOKIES POLICY
Last update date: 14/06/21
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small files that are installed on the hard disk or in the browser of the computer, tablet, smartphone or equivalent device with Internet browsing functions and help, among others: personalize the services of the owner of the website, facilitate navigation and usability through it, obtain aggregate information from web visitors, enable the reproduction and display of multimedia content on the web itself, allow elements of interaction between the user and the web itself, enable security tools, etc.
- Web usability: it can be defined as the experience a user has when browsing, using and interacting with a web page
- Aggregate information: non-nominal information, typically numerical and for the purpose of providing statistical information
- Terminal equipment: equipment (computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.) of the user who browses the Internet
- Editor: responsible or owner of the website
- Third: external entity, collaborator, service provider or related to the publisher, involved in the management of some cookies
- Responsible for the cookie: the publisher, person in charge, owner of the website or even the third party in some cases
- Navigation habits: trends displayed by the user when browsing a web page, such as time spent visiting the page, parts visited, most frequent sections, origin of the visit, destination of the visit, among others.
WHAT KIND OF COOKIES ARE THERE?
According to the entity that manages it:
- Own cookies: they are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third party cookies: they are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
Depending on the length of time they remain activated in the terminal equipment:
- Session cookies: they are a type of cookie designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page.
- Persistent cookies: they are a type of cookie in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, and which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Depending on the purpose for which the data obtained through cookies is processed:
- Technical cookies: those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist in it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, access restricted access parts, remember the elements that make up an order, carry out the purchase process of an order, make the request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content for the broadcast of videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: they are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as language, the type of browser through which they access the service, the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: they are those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in function of the analysis of the use data made by the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: they are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided based on criteria such as edited content or the frequency at which ads are displayed.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: they are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on user behavior obtained through continuous observation of their browsing habits, allowing a specific profile to be developed to display advertising based on it.
IN PARTICULAR, WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE?
|Cookie name||Server/Domain from which it is sent||Purpose||Permanence|
|cookieConsent||counterrisk.eu||Stores the user’s cookie consent state||1 year|
|counterrisk.eu||Allow the User to browse the Website and identify, save and reuse their preferences (i.e. language, session data, username and password, etc.).||1 year|
|_grecaptcha||google.com||It’s used to distinguish between humans and bots||persistent|
|_ga||google.com||Used by Google Analytics to collect data on the number of times a user has visited the website as well as dates for the first and most recent visit.||2 years|
HOW TO DISEABLE COOKIES?
Blocking or deactivating all cookies helps protect privacy, but can also limit the experience on some websites, as well as limit functionalities or even not allow the correct navigation or use of some of its services. If you want to know how to disable cookies in the most popular web browsers, access the following tutorials:
If you have any questions or concerns about this Cookies Policy, you can contact us through EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org